Swirling Thoughts

 

Photo Credits: unsplash.com/Marek Okon

You got me stumped,

Now I must think.

How can I even contemplate,

the idea of swirling?

Its either an ice-cream being swirled in a mix,

Or maybe it’s some plasticine,

Made from rows of colored sticks?

I’m not sure if I got this one,

And I’m not sure if I can see,

If anything around can swirl into my brain,

Just to make sense of this word ‘swirl’ for me.

 

At first I thought maybe its dancing,

With my skirt swirling around my knees,

But suddenly realized I’d fall flat on my face

If some swirling really took place!

Considering next a few splashes of paint

Thrown on a paper to create a design,

Suddenly that swirl made a lot of sense

Understanding right before my eyes.

So okay Eugenia, think I’ve got a writing plan

And a way to take swirl ‘mainstream’.

Kindly make it a little easier, for me to think again

Cause this one, is hodgepodge on my screen!

 

26/03/2021

Thank You for stopping by.

Share your thoughts with a word or few, emojis are easy when its coming from you πŸ‘πŸ‘ŽπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜πŸ’“πŸ™‹πŸŒΊπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Š. Stay awesome!


Eugi’sCauserie weekly prompt is the inspiration for this poem.

Copyright ©2021 Dwordslayer & Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved.


6 comments:

  1. A delightful piece full of your fun and enjoyable swirling ideas, Donna-Luisa! 🌼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eugenia. It was indeed a bit of fun while writing. I appreciate your comment very much! :-)

      Delete
  2. You are such a talented poet! I loved how you thought about swirling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a bunch of nice swirling going on.
    If you say you were stumped I'd have to disagree :D
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it was quite hard Jules, but a few hours in exasperation doodled this poem based on my thoughts - did not think it was a poem until I wrote it down! Thank you for compliment!

      Delete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...