A Rainbow Story

 

Photo Credits: unsplash.com/Hedi Benyounes



Raced up the hill to look outside
To see the rainbow colors which cannot hide
The grass was wet
And down I rolled
Beyond my house
Far down the narrow road.
The birds looked on
Chirping in delight
The dogs stepped aside
To see my disaster flight.
The sun shifted past the clouds
Exclaiming with glee
Come out and let’s play
And bring your family!

As I landed at the bottom of the hill,
Lay on my back,
For a moment very still.
Gazing up at the sky, 
It was simply wonderful to see
The rainbow was looking right down at me.
What a beautiful sight
As the birds made their songs,
The puppy and the frogs
All jumped up and down.
Contentment and joy
Descended from above,
Softly whispering to me,
Here is the rainbow you love!




20/03/2021
 

Thank you for stopping by.
Share your thoughts with a word or few, emojis are easy when its coming from you 👍💓👎😊😎😐🙋👊 Stay awesome.

Eugi’s Causerie weekly prompt is the inspiration for this poem.
  
Photo Credits: www.unsplash.com/Jordan Whitt
Copyright ©2021 Dwordslayer & Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved.

 

6 comments:

  1. This is delightful and fun, reminding me of my childhood when I would romp and play outside! Childhood can be a magical world, which I hope every child will experience. 🌈❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Eugenia, I was laughing as I wrote this. It was a memory embellished a bit :-) I love rainbows and the magic and miracles I see in them from childhood! Glad you connected with it and your childhood.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Heather. Appreciate your thoughtful comment! :-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Tanya, glad you liked it. Appreciate your visit here :-)

      Delete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...