Dreamcatcher and The Prince


 



Dream Catcher and the Prince

Standing above
I look at my prince fast asleep.
He’s one of my favorites
His dreams are memories.
The moments he misses
With mist filled eyes.
A million little kisses
From his mom when alive.

Dreamcatcher, I am
Holder of dreams
Happiness and danger
And other things that are unseen.
I stretch my hand to guide
The light towards my charge
It’s a wonder he’s even sleeping
His happiness is a mirage.

Subconsciously my prince knows
Sun comes out after rain
Hidden deep in his heart
He dreams of his mother again.
Digging deep into his sleep
And my Dreamcatcher’s nest
I’m searching for memories
To help him find rest.

The Dreamcatchers goal
Is to help happiness unfold
Taking him to God
For his mother to hold.
His memories feel sadly real
And this night will require a disguise
I’m hoping his memory mother will visit
To hold him till it’s time to arise.

I send my silver net
Filled with his tears and dreams
She whispers to him
Telling wonderful stories.
As I look at his pillow
And the smile on his lips
This night is a blessing
Of love and pure bliss.

The night comes to an end
And it’s time to go
He awakes with a smile
And a memory from old.
His mother was there
It was a glorious night.
This Dreamcatcher is finished
Until it is night!


5/03/2021

Share your thoughts with a word or a few, or comment below πŸ˜ŠπŸ’“πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ΌπŸ’πŸ‘πŸ‘‡πŸ˜ or something else! Thank you !

Eugi’s Causerie weekly prompt is the inspiration for this poem.



Copyright ©2021 Dwordslayer & Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved.



2 comments:

  1. I love happy endings! πŸ₯° Beautiful poem, Donna-Luisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Eugenia...this will be a storyline I think...🀸‍♀️πŸ™‚πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜

    ReplyDelete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...