Alice Goes To The Moon


Hello dear friend it's  Alice again
With Saint  Bear at my side
Tonight we must sleep, quietly keep
After taking a ride
My pillow, gives me thoughts to think
About all I wish for us to see
My tired eyes keep closing
Finally it’s time for dreams


Tonight my hope is to see the moon
With Saint bear at my side
The sort of dream that takes us far
On a galactic ride
Saint Bear refuses to sleep
I think he is afraid
It’s good I brought my headset for him
He can use it until he’s brave

Take us to  the  moon, and back
Let me touch the stars just this once
Who knows what mysteries lies ahead
Its an adventure for me and Saint Bear
I can see the heavens and the earth beneath
Oops, there goes something else I know
It’s the pretty flip flops my granny sent
Finding its way back home


How great it is these nights of dreams
When all daylight has passed
I wish for night to always be
My present and forever last
Maybe my days will be just as great
As I grow older, and learn to create
A day like night,
With dreams for all,
A joy to be awake


Hello it’s me, I’m Alice
With Saint bear my closest friend
The time has come to say goodnight
I’m back at home my friend.


(Written for the 'Illustration challenge' by Dean Owen...The Illustrator is his beautiful wife Lei Lei )

Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts! 

You can also share with me on Facebook and Twitter. I like hearing from you!

DWordslayer  
© Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

1 comment:

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...