That Autumn Place


 

Autumn will take me to another place

 Not where I am

But where I wish to see again.

There is no autumn in the Caribbean

But we have some days that remind me of

That other place.

 

The Caribbean breezes

And the warm beach on an evening

The orange and yellow sky

On a morning, sometimes

Remind me of that autumn place

I hope to see again.

 

Before my memory fades

And I forget all I wish to remember

I want to feel that wisp of a chill

That heralds a new season is close.

The days I love them most

With colors to be adored – like me

I miss that autumn place.

 

 

13/10/2021

 

Please share your thoughts, comments, emojis with me! There are no easy buttons but life sure works well with options! 🙂😍😎😊🙋‍♀️👍🙄😣

 

Eugi’sCauserie weekly prompt is the inspiration for this poem.

Copyright ©2021 Dwordslayer & Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved.

 

 


4 comments:

  1. A beautiful poem, Donna-Louisa! Autumn is a state of mind and in your heart always, even in the Caribbean. 🍂 🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I felt quite nostalgic writing this, and wished to jump on a plane and travel 😃

      Delete
  2. Autumn is a lovely season. Even in those areas where there is subtle change. To be present in the moments of any day can help us remember those things that make us happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I remembered and felt happy! Thank you for stopping by Jules!😍

      Delete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...