No Scary Movies For Me



The games of ghosts and scares of the night

Are never the ones I wanted to see.

The howls of the wolves

Or the cooing of the owls

The stories in the dark

With my sister holding the light

Are haunted house visions that give me a fright.

 

The haunting music that signals a scare

And the scary stories at bedtime were never my thing.

My sister, however, was much braver than me

Eagerly waiting for those shows on TV.

She’d keep me up at all hours of the night,

Enjoying my squirming, and always sudden flight.

 

Secretly though, I would happily give

My big sister’s longing for moral support.

She was always the happiest the scarier the tale.

Yet with every review, I would find a way to bail.

The haunted houses and stories are just not my thing

But I love my big sister, so I stayed with my eyes closed – listening!

 

27/10/2021

 

Please share your thoughts, comments, emojis with me! There are no easy buttons but life sure works well with options! 🙋‍♀️😊🤦‍♀️😣👍😍😎🙄😁

 

Eugi’sCauserie weekly prompt is the inspiration for this poem.

Copyright ©2021 Dwordslayer & Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved.                         Photo Credit: unsplash.com/tracey hocking


2 comments:

  1. Aww, how sweet that you endured scary Halloweens to give your big sister moral support. A lovely Halloween story, Donna-Luisa.

    ReplyDelete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...