Living With Peace

 



I am at peace with my past, though it still trips up my present now.

The things that push me forward, disturb my inner joy.

What lies beneath the surface, is hidden from all view

The peace that I enquire on, daily gets to be renewed.

 

Peace does not run before me, nor do I leave it behind

The way that life unfolds for me, is different and always kind.

As I think about the hope I feel, and the future not far away.

Peace knocks my heart’s door, and I let it in

My peace is here to stay.

 

01/10/2021

 

Please share your thoughts, comments, emojis with me! There are no easy buttons but life sure works well with options! 😀😣🙋‍♀️🙂😎😄🤦‍♀️😍

 

Eugi’sCauserie weekly prompt is the inspiration for this poem.

Copyright ©2021 Dwordslayer & Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved.


4 comments:

  1. I love your lines -

    Peace knocks my heart’s door, and I let it in

    My peace is here to stay.

    Beautifully written, Donna-Luisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eugenia. I am at peace...it has been hard, but indeed I have found it.🙏

      Delete
  2. Not running before, nor leaving behind; you've captured something here, and it plays well on my imagination, appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stu Carmenzind , I feel these words quite deep within also. Thank you for stopping by 😊

      Delete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...