Its About Taste



Sometimes it’s hard to decide

What treat it’s safe to eat.

The chocolates

And cheesecake slices

Ice cream delights

And biscuits

Are ready and waiting for me.

Yet, I pause a lot

Because the calories I’m counting

And gratification comes at a cost.

Will my diet go haywire

Will my discipline be derailed

I’m still thinking what choice I will make.

 

However, in my mind

I know it will be

A frozen yogurt

Of any flavor I will choose.

After the first bite

And that delicious creamy taste

It is the obvious decision on my plate.

I don’t ever feel guilty

Because with this treat

My cravings are satisfied to the max.

It’s the afterglow I get

When my urges are met

Thus, I’m sated, and elated

Without wrath. 


18/10/2021

 

Please share your thoughts, comments, emojis with me! There are no easy buttons but life sure works well with options! 😃😎😊😍👍😣🤦‍♀️

 

Eugi’sCauserie weekly prompt is the inspiration for this poem.

Copyright ©2021 Dwordslayer & Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we have to make choices for our betterment! Delightful piece and good advice. Thank you for joining in. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...