Interviews and Beyond: Pamela Williams


Looking forward


The storyteller is so much more than one can imagine. We keep our dreams and thoughts locked away, because reality is lagging behind the adventures we seek from within. Our thoughts and dreams may appear as fiction but can be rooted in reality, and a future only found when we allow our stories to develop, as we live our lives. Going beyond is like looking in a mirror and creating our visions of the future world!

Pamela L. Pamela Williams is a woman with determination. The first time I read an article from her related to a community environmental meeting by some youths and I was hooked - Hope exists in the youth of our nation. Here is a woman who cares for what is right for her community and the environment. She seems as fearless as the warrior she writes about  in her fictional stories and will champion a cause to the end. Pamela is also willing to try something new, and was quite willing to activate a Skype account for us to chat about this interview. As we spoke, she was happy to share her experiences on social media and how exciting it has been learning automation from Paul Croubalian! I have not embraced that aspect of technology yet, but was sold after speaking with her! It is my pleasure to have Pamela accept this interview challenge and all its components - visual images to accent the responses! 

The Interview...

There is a lot to think about as it relates to the future - when you think about it. The world as we know it is growing at a phenomenal speed. We gain much with technology and yet our humanness seems questionable at times. The past has locked away the hurts from its present, sometimes remaining only as historically beautiful scars. What was, can impact on our society, but it all depends of what we have learnt from that era.


Donna-Luisa: Archeologists in the year 2054 discover there is life deep below a Mayan village lost in time. They need someone with your skills to help unlock their city for the world to see. The world no longer has any vegetation, but their world does. What will you do, and why?

Pamela: Thank you Donna-Luisa for asking me for an interview, I’m simply thrilled to have the opportunity to talk to you! Now as for these questions, you had me thinking hard about the answers, and so here we go:

  • When it comes to issues like this I can be highly opinionated. I just don’t believe that man has the right to intrude wherever he wants. So with that in mind, here is my humble opinion;
  • Man may be a higher form of life but we still possess an animal instinct. We also possess a strong sense of survival and self-preservation just like the animal kingdom. History has shown repeatedly that when our survival is in doubt we have the propensity to revert to a philosophy of survival of the fittest, both in action and thought.
  • Therefore my first instinct and action would be to protect the city. Opening the city to outsiders could result in the city being stripped of its vegetation. That would not be a risk I would be willing to take.
  • Instead I would develop a plan in which to gather seeds and cuttings to re-vegetate the external world.
Donna-Luisa: When you look out a starry sky, have you ever hoped something would zoom by? If you could make one wish to have a dream fulfilled at that moment what would it be?

Pamela: I want to feel like I’ve made a difference in the world. I’ve worked for years in positions that allowed me to provide for my daughter and give us a life that was stable. My own childhood had little stability and it affected my development and self-esteem. It was important to me that my daughter had the time and opportunity to discover herself and not constantly re-acclimating to new environments. Now that I have an empty nest my wish is to find satisfaction in what I do and if it happens to involve travel and seeing the world then I would truly be living my dream.

Donna-Luisa: You fell asleep in 2016 and awoke in 2026. This is the future. What do you wish to see outside?

Pamela: I’ve always believed in the potential for humanity to come to grips with all the issues that are impacting our world and be able to work together to resolve those issues. I would want to awake to a world
  • Where humanity finally accepted everyone’s individuality.
  • I would like to see the health of our planet and its inhabitants having a higher value than profit
  • I would like leaders around the world to put the wellbeing of people at the forefront in making decisions
  • I would like to see poverty eliminated
  • I would like to see greed eliminated
  • I would like to see fossil fuels eliminated as an energy source
  • I would like to see highways replaced with better forms of transportation and the land returned to its natural state
  • I would like to see the trash finally removed from our oceans and waterways
  • I would like to see our food sources not contaminated with chemicals
  • I would like to see more love in the world
  • I would like to see equality for all people
I am a liberal spirit and believe the leaders and shakers of this world owe it to humanity to ensure that all people have their basic needs met.

Donna-Luisa: You have an opportunity to go around the world in eighty days and live your dreams, where would you go and why? By the way, I forgot to mention you will be in an 'ocean hoover pod built by Elon Musk, with built in surround sound and can video blog!

Pamela: I don’t think there is a part of the world I Don’t want to see. All cultures interest me. The more different they are from the U.S. the more I want to witness them. What I’d really like to do is visit all the wonderful people I’ve met on social media and see life through their eyes.
I’m not overjoyed with ISIS and I think Putin needs to take a humbleness pill. But those are just a small part of a bigger picture. You can encounter danger anywhere but you can’t live in fear or you’re not living. I learned that the hard way.

As for the video blog, I’m not big on taking pictures while traveling. It’s not that I don’t want to; I just get so wrapped up in the moment I forget. My daughter and I used to take road trips whenever possible. Once we traveled down the U.S. east coast just so she could see the Atlantic Ocean at different points along the coast. I had a camera with me and totally forgot to take pictures. But, we have our memories.

Donna-Luisa: The United Nations has reached out to you for advice on how to help the refugees worldwide through social media. You are their Chief advisor on 'the internet of things'. What would you suggest?

Pamela: Of all the questions, this was is the hardest. The refugee issue is not one that is going to be solved quickly.

Many of the countries that are seeing the influx of the refugees are already having crises of their own. Take Greece for example. It’s no secret that they have faced some serious financial issues and yet they have seen thousands of refugees land on their shores. I’m not going to pretend to have an answer to this problem. It’s a huge problem and all countries are going to have to bite a bullet (suffer a few growing pains) and help the people. This isn’t an epidemic they’re trying to prevent; these are human beings escaping from an evil that we have not witnessed the likes of since the Third Reich terrorized Europe. We cannot allow such evil to happen again and whatever the other countries in the world have to do to stop it, then so be it.

I have a very soft heart and I can’t help but think about a time in these people’s lives when they were no more than babes being held by mothers just like me. Mothers that had the same dreams for their children, that most mothers have for a child; happiness, prosperity, and hope.

Despite my best efforts I can’t seem to maintain an angry outlook towards anyone. I can’t help but remember the day my daughter was born and all the dreams and hopes I had for her. Most people start their life that way and those that did not need to be pitied and helped, not rejected or killed. We have got to get past the survival-of-the-fittest mentality, because we are the human race, still animal lifeforms, but a much higher form of life.

Donna-Luisa: I do feel you on the refugee crisis which has become to my mind the greatest test of man's humanity and love. Saying we love and care means nothing unless we can make into action- help. It is a crisis which will take much more than money, words, and war, to correct. You consistently share your compassion for the environment and humanity with each situation in the future - from not wishing to harm a civilization for the gain of another to having a strong desire to see a much better world. Hope resonates as you share your thoughts even when circumstances are as difficult as the one with the refugees. You are all heart!

Pamela: Again Donna-Luisa, thank you for requesting an interview. It was fun contemplating the questions this week.

Donna-Luisa: Thank you Pamela for agreeing to take us beyond the surface, and deep into the mirror of your heart. I saw you for the first time, face to face via Skype last week and it was amazing. Getting to know you, through opening up my senses to your voice and your beautiful face was such a positive experience. Words are great to read, but it is even better when we can take a chance and step out, out of the world we know and into the unknown, to meet a kindred spirit. Technology has made it possible to expand our horizons, and show our 'affinity' with each other.

We have some surprises for you, our treasured readers! First, it is my pleasure to announce, the next episode of Pamela Williams  fictional sage of the young warrior is completed. Episode 4 will be published the day following this interview and I will make the title live as soon as its released!

The Seasons of Change – the harshness of winter (Episode 4)

The other surprise, is the YouTube link below, with D-wordslayer sharing some thoughts on this dynamic lady - Pamela Williams, bebee.com, and the weather!





Bebee  and its Affinity network has made this exchange possible, through its social media platform which encourages engagement, creativity, and professional networking! At the time of publishing beBee announced Pamela Williams as one of its Ambassadors - Congratulations to  an amazing lady and friend living in North Carolina, USA!! 

Thank you for reading, viewing, engaging and sharing with us. Maybe you can go beyond into your future to find the answers in your mirror


Credit: Images via Google Search provided by Pamela Williams

Artwork: Artistree -andrew.innocent@hotmail.com 

© Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...