Interviews and Beyond: Franci Eugenia Hoffman


We can learn a lot about a person from their past and their present, and if they will let us look beyond, we can find their hidden possibilities . This interview is about the way our imagination works. It is just a way of the storyteller, sharing another story. Each story is different, and yet they hold a treasure chest of  hope and possibilities !

I have asked Franci Eugenia Hoffman aka 'Brew & Spew' to embark on this challenge. This beautiful woman on your left looks like she is gazing deeply into your eyes, her thoughts hidden...at least for a short while! That smile says, "I see you" (hahaha)

For our readers, imagine we are having a cup of coffee, whatever your favorite brew, and your thoughts go somewhere else. That wonderland is where my thoughts went as I sat imagining conversations with some of my favorite bloggers. Today I am pleased to share the questions and answers from this amazing writer. Sit back and relax as we go beyond the past to somewhere...

Franci Eugenia Hoffman

The interview - Going beyond


D-wordslayer: "Bloggers write, because we are thinkers. Thinkers are innovators. Sharing is much more productive than keeping thoughts to themselves. It is a good and true saying, "I think therefore I am."(anon) What happens between the present and the future, is like writing your name in sand. You can erase it anytime and make it bigger or smaller. Thus here are five questions about something that can be possible. You are my frame, share with me the picture in your own words for the future."( Eversley,2016)

How do you feel about time travel... do you think it will happen while you are here on this earth, if so would you try it?

Franci: Undoubtedly a fascinating subject, Donna-Luisa. Do I think it will happen while I am on earth? Well, I’m a little “out there” with my thoughts, but could it be it’s already happened? Have you ever had the feeling of déjà vu? It’s an eerie feeling to walk into a room and feel you have been there before. And how do you know you haven’t been there in another time?

Oh, and here is some food for thought. Have you heard of the “grandparents paradox”, where you could go back in time and prevent your grandparents from meeting and stop your own birth? I did some research on time travel and I don’t want to dive into the scientific ins and outs, but this is beyond intriguing from my point of view.

Would I try it? Good question and I’m not sure I would. I’m conservative in some ways and not too keen on messing around with Mother Nature. Whether going back or going forward in time, I would rather have a crystal ball to peer into, than experience the real thing

D-wordslayer: Do you have a dream, about something you would like to do in the future involving another country?

Franci: Donna-Luisa, I have had a dream about living in England for years. I traveled to London a couple of times, back in the late ‘80s, and fell in love with it. The reason for one of the trips to London was the tribunalization of our insurance agency by Lloyds of London. In order to be delegated authority by Lloyds, it’s a requirement for the Underwriters to meet the agency owners in person. Then the interested Underwriters will sign off a percentage of their participation in transfer of risk.

Putting the business portion of the trip aside, I loved London with so much to see and do. I was also able to take in some of the countryside, which is beautiful. My dream would be to live in London and be a well-known columnist. For me that would be the crème de le crème. By the way, I am connected to several WordPress fellow bloggers from England and sometimes live my dream in the words of their posts.
 
D-wordslayer: If you could give something to this world, to keep it around - what would it be?

Franci: This question, Donna-Luisa, is one I believe we all should ponder. Rather than people feel the world owes them something, they should be more concerned about others. I could go on and on with my POV but it’s no different than what’s been said before. 

When I am at a loss for words or feel a topic has been beat to death, I sometimes resort to my favorite author to relay my messages. With that said, I could select several quotes from Maya Angelou that pertain to the world and its current state of affairs but I will narrow it down into my “gives” to the world.

I would give the world love, peace and common sense.

And to quote Maya Angelou:
Love: “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.”-Maya Angelou

Peace: “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style”-Maya Angelou

Common sense: “Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.”-Maya Angelou

And my favorite quote by Maya: “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”-Maya Angelou


D-wordslayer: If you were elected president of your country what would be a policy or practice you would put forward?

Franci: If I were elected president – Wow!  Donna-Luisa, you have the knack for asking dynamite questions. Very stimulating, I might add.

I would limit the terms served by the House and the Senate.

“Members of the House of Representatives serve two-year terms and are considered for reelection every even year. Senators however, serve six-year terms and elections to the Senate are staggered over even years so that only about 1/3 of the Senate is up for reelection during any election.” See credits below.

I believe some of those that serve in the House and the Senate view their position as a career, and are more concerned about re-election and funding their campaigns. I don’t want to judge the majority by a few yet it seems the focus is more on their popularity and themselves rather than policy. To serve in the House of Representatives or the U.S. Senate is a temporary assignment and not a career.

Yes, there are pros and cons on this subject, and there should be otherwise there would be no decisions to be made. I always welcome opinions from others. 

 
D-wordslayer: When you dream big dreams, what are you doing in them?

Franci: Funny you ask because my dreams are just that; they’re funny, whacky and usually make no sense. I dream in technicolor and have forever. The colors are very vivid and bright, similar to colors of spring flowers. Now to add a little confusion, I also dream in seasonal colors, but not always in the season at hand. Hey! You asked so bear with me.

In most of my dreams, I am driving a car. The car is usually similar to one I owned in the past. There are always other people in the car, some I know or have known; very rarely an unknown person. The setting for the dream is during nighttime and the moon is large, round and multi-colored against a sapphire sky.

We are always in a hurry to get somewhere, but I don’t know where. In the dream, I never reach a destination but we are always safe. This is a reoccurring dream! I guess I am trying to keep those that I know safe because sometimes we are driving through high water.

Perhaps, we should keep this dream just between us bees, know what I mean.:)

D-wordslayer: I see your dreams and they look so beautiful. Deep and strong, and filled with excitement, and adventure, drama and hope! From time travel to the senate all in technicolor, its amazing how your thoughts can manifest into incredible possibilities if it were to happen. Maybe, there is a movie or book yet to be written about you 'Madame Senator Hoffman'...that even sounds great! Hollywood here we come! 

Franci: Donna-Luisa, it was so good to hear your voice when we spoke the other day. You are such a warm person and I adore your accent. I am surprised we made it through our conversation without interference since there is such bad reception in our building.

And don’t you just love the beBee community? I find it truly like none other. So many professional, knowledgeable, kind and sincere people.

Before beBee, I cruised LinkedIn and became increasingly bored, especially when it started to change. I didn’t use Twitter much until I started my WordPress blog. I also have Pinterest, Tumblr and BingBing but my activity is insignificant. I am not a fan of Facebook, however, my husband likes it. He uses it to play games and chat with his family so I prefer to let him have it all to himself.

I can’t express how thrilled I am to be a beBee bee.


Well, it’s time to put a wrap on this chat and I have one last quote from Maya Angelou.

“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”- Maya Angelou


Donna-Luisa, thank you for taking the time to interview me and thank you for your continued support on BrewNSpew.  See you on beBee!

D-wordslayer: It sure has been fun and quite interesting reading this exchange of thoughts Franci. It was a pleasure hearing her voice for the first time, and yes folks, she sounds like a movie star , the real deal! We are so much more than what we show on the outside. Dreams can be real when we give them the life of an imaginary thought! To live without dreaming would be to live a life without possibilities and challenges, hope and feeling. To feel something for this life on earth is only the beginning. Franci gave us a small look into her 'beyond', and I challenge you to think about your own beyond.

Thank you Franci Eugenia Hoffman, for sharing and giving us these images which capture your thoughts. I'm seeing you in my frame and you look awesome!

***This first interview I hope took you beyond, to see your dreams, as you seek to imagine possibilities!

"beBee friendly, and share your views, share with a friend, as our words should never end!"


Check out 'Brew and Spew' and see what Franci has hiding - I found this today, so when you click its a surprise. Oh and here is another which may tickle the bee in you!


Credits:


Dwordslayer!
 
Artwork: Artistree -andrew.innocent@hotmail.com 

© Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...