Sleepless but inspired


 Hey world...

I’ve been anxious, worried, and afraid.

There is a lot of stuff going on this year, and as December draws near, it feels as though I am depleted. There is nothing more I can give. Sleep is hard, because I won’t allow myself the freedom to accept that I’ve been speeding through life, because if I drive slowly, my dreams will leave me.

So how are you doing today human? When do you stop pushing yourself beyond what is possible? Who is chasing you when you are chasing your dreams with those ridiculous deadlines set, because your survival is not based on nutrition, but on some standards mere mortals will never attain?

Stop. Slow down. Breathe.

The eye of the storm is where you need to find calm, peace, and acceptance of self. It is okay to stop because you need to. Let everything that matters become what does not matter because you need to take care of you.

Be brave and be vulnerable. Cry. Free yourself of the things that make you anxious, worried, and afraid. Action requires precision in movement, and focus on the goal, it is in front of you.

This is not complicated. Life is not as complex as we sometimes imagine.

The sun is going to shine in the morning, or maybe it will rain. You will rise up and slay the day because you are conditioned to do that. Everything around you will continue as it was going to anyway. Fear does not stand a chance because you have faced every moment before now – and you are still standing.

You are human. You are capable. You are real, and all that matters will be there when you can walk up to it. Take a few moments and breathe. Life is being lived and you are going to do better, with every step.

I am grateful for you on this journey with me. Grateful for my awesome life. 

Its 1:53am and time to sleep!


Photo Credit: Lenin Estrada/unsplash,com  

Copyright © 2020 Donna-Luisa Eversley and Dwordslayer. All Rights Reserved


 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful usage of words. It's great. I love to read again. One needs to understand and realise the real meaning of life then everything is possible, easy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shubhanshu. Even a lioness an have a vulnerable moment. Words can be comforting. Thank you for your positivity.

      Delete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...