Picture Perfect


                  Life is never Picture Perfect!

The selfie is a wonderful creation in my opinion. I can set the camera to take that 'perfect pic', positioning myself, lighting, smile, and any other expression. I can delete the ones that look uncomplimentary and anything that spoofs what the public sees. 

Life is picture perfect when its presented, and the memories will hide what folks should not see sometimes. Weaknesses and failures are not on display. 

Hmm, but life is never picture perfect. 

Looking back at the early years, it seems that  now, I'm recalling the heartaches, pains, hurts, and griefs, as the good times, success, and wonderful childhood adventures together. That perfect picture does not exist in my memory. It does not exist in truth. 

Balancing on the tightrope is what helps to get to the next level stronger. Its how I became stronger. Accepting the learning from the challenges and setbacks had its rewards.

Reflecting makes me cry sometimes. Life was never picture perfect like the books and movies watched later on. My together family was broken early on, and my mother never fully recovered from the fairytale lost, and the toad my father turned into. 

Yet, I recall the many trips to the beaches via bus rides, the visits to the zoo and botanic gardens, the picnic carnival affairs, and the way she sewed her four daughters a new garment for each of these events. Her sacrifice was her service as a parent, teacher, mother.

We now get to take out these selfies and photographs, videos and recordings to capture each moment. Be true in the collection of your memories. Let the less than perfect images be caught, shared and kept, to tell your real journey. 

Your learnings are in the ways you solve your unique problems and challenges. These are the pictures you take with your memories you will remember when needed.

Take that perfect picture today and make it real!

Be blessed and encouraged,

Copyright © 2020 Donna-Luisa Eversley and Dwordslayer. All Rights Reserved


6 comments:

  1. Good points Donna! Can you imagine if our daily lives were on video each day? I wonder what lessons we'd learn or choose to ignore? It's true, especially in today's times, people make life appear dreamy with cameras in hand all the time. No one truly knows what is going on when the camera isn't pointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa you are so correct, the superficialness of a picture, a photo is much different to a video, where nuances in behavior are picked up. The façade of truth can be hidden in plain sight. we need to see beyond when looking back. Our reverie shows sometimes what we are afraid to share. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, both here and on FB!

      Delete
  2. This piece of writing is actually a pleasant one it helps new the web visitors, who are wishing for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much . Appreciate you 😊🌺🌺!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I do think this is an excellent blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I may come back once again since I bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love in my opinion brings about the best change..money helps with giving the things we think we need to be happy, and freedom is best felt when we are happy. Many years ago I thought money and freedom would make me happy, but love can be elusive...family, friends, people, relationships and change are affected by love. Thank you for finding my blog πŸ˜ŠπŸ‡πŸ‰πŸ˜Š

      Delete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...