Life and Lemonade

Thankful for Lemonade

Seems like I know a lot of sick/ ill folks.

Sometimes life throws us lots of lemons, and after making lemonade, you get tired. This is the reality of prolonged illness or disability. I've found its a lot easier to smile and laugh in the face of challenges and pain. It does get better because out tolerance is heightened with our effort to improve our state of being.

As I think about the funny stuff I've seen, and the way I feel looking at others smile, I realize the only difference in happiness is choice.

We can gripe about a lot of stuff... and everyone can outdo each other in the 'woe is trouble' department. However, I've been doing a silent challenge this year, and maybe you can try it.


The Challenge


Look in the mirror and laugh at yourself. Be self- depreciating about your crooked teeth, or squinty eyes, or big butt! I have all sometimes. But find a way to laugh at you. Lighten up.

There are a lot of folks out there with serious problems and medical challenges. Don't sweat the small stuff - or big butt - I'm obsessed with that:-) Whatever is imperfect in your eyes is perfect in the eyes of another.
As for the lemonade, just be thankful you are alive to get something and keep making that juice!
Be blessed and encouraged!

A short brief about me: I’m a corporate business veteran, with practical experience in a diverse range of industries — Safety/ HVAC / FMCG /Industrial Equipment /and much more . Sales ,Marketing, Business Development & Coaching are combined to deliver over 30 years experience. As an entrepreneur and blogger (Dwordslayer) I’m right now living an adventure, and looking forward to the next opportunity to challenge mediocrity.

Thank you for reading, sharing and commenting. You are appreciated!

Support the author: I've added my PayPal account , if  wish to support my writing with any contribution.  Its very safe and secure. You can choose to send any amount that you are comfortable with. Please check it out . Thank you!

Find me on: Twitter https://twitter.com/DLE41 or email:dwordslayer@gmail.com

Credits:Image - pixabay.com

© Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER, 2017. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...