The Atheist and The Believer



I have been reading and commenting on posts which have peaked my interest on the Medium platform. Many of the posts read are political satire in nature, but some cross thought lines and go deep. Here is my comment on a blog written by Dan Moore," A letter to God from a Nervous Atheist" and published via 'The Coffeelicious' blog.

"Dan, think your thoughts may reflect that of many.
I believe in God. I believe his son came to earth , died for us and I believe he sees everything, and knows all before we do. I also believe he gave us freedom of choice, to believe what we want.
Your message to him would have been heard if it came from your heart. You will hear him if you believe in him. It takes a lot of inner silence to hear his voice.

I do wonder why he allowed that douchebag to win the USA elections, but I guess it’s because things were so good before when free choice worked. Don’t know why God allowed the devil to get Putin and his cheerleader together, but I have a theory. “I like prunes and sometimes I buy the pitted ones which are juicy with no seeds. On a couple of occasions I ate too much because I forgot what happens when I don’t think. So that bellyache kept me on the throne with a weak bowel for awhile. Now I’m careful not to make the mistake. The same with the US electorate, because soon enough the GOP and their followers will be on their toilets letting all the s#!$ come out, but it will take time. It is a shitty situation, but eventually the opportunity to change will come. Good will overcome evil and Beyonce will get that award she deserves. The world needs to see the importance of why good is needed, and sometimes bad things happen so we remember evil can 'grab us by the pussy”, and we need to unite to stop the criminals from ruling.

So here we are at this point..The atheist and the believer, both praying to God for some of the same things. Got to go, he just whispered in my ear and it’s time to hear his response.😊 "

Some additional thoughts on customs/beliefs


Yes, this comment brought me to a place of greater understanding as it relates to religious beliefs. Tolerance is not what is needed when it comes to religious points of views. We need to show respect and strive to understand the things which can make us uncomfortable, because we all have a place on this earth.

Religious hatred has no place in any society, however, when someone from another religion goes to the country of another they need to show respect and a willingness to understand the ways of that society. When I go into the home of another, if I am asked to remove my shoes as I enter I do it. In my home I will allow others to walk with their shoes. I do not allow anyone to smoke in my home, and my mother smokes, but will respect my home and not smoke in it.  I will not travel to middle eastern countries where the hijab or headscarf is expected to be worn because that is not my belief / custom.  I prefer the countries where such customs are not imposed on me . Life is only difficult when we try to force our ways on others. I am sure this is more complex when we are dealing with refugees and immigrant situations, where they had no choice but to leave their home.  Maybe, it would be less complex if one were to ask oneself, can I adapt my lifestyle so that there is harmony wherever I go?

If you take the ways you run from to the new place, you may as well have stayed where you were because where you run to will become where you were.

We all hope for the same thing. A safe place to live, laugh and love.

Thank you for reading, sharing and commenting. I appreciate all feedback.

© Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...