Back as a human 2023

 

It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not aligning. This afternoon, Frank Sinatra’s ‘All the way’ played in my mind and the words tumbled out of my mouth, and felt it in my heart. Love in its simplest way, is meant to be all the way. And that's more than business. Can one really love all the way? What does being all in mean? As I think on this, loving forever is probably what you get when you're all the way!

2023, I’ve had some highs and lows, good and bad times, and a few in-between times. As the year draws close to an end with sixteen days to go, will the story of 2023 unfold in words, pictures and song …maybe. I've spent a lot of time doing things I have not done, stepped out of my comfort zone of business, and become open to 'what ifs' on another level. Got vulnerable to others, even more trusting, and found a less 'judggy way' with others. Allowed my heart to get opened, and tried not to close it and run fast in another direction... in a way, think I became more human and kind to myself.

This year was the testing of my resilience, when wicked problems unfolded. There is no control of some events - like death. My step son was killed early in the year, another young son from another mother died unexpectedly from an old injury mid year, and my mom died just as a cancer diagnosis was being confirmed. If I throw in some professional and personal missteps, and physical injuries while exercising, well, life is disrupted. Looking back, maybe I got comfortable and was settling for okay, lukewarm living. I stopped wishing for the moon, or chasing stars, and if truthful, stopped pushing past into complacent dissonance. My beliefs and actions intermingled and lost focus. Grief became harder to accept, or understand. Yes, reality hit hard. It's okay now.

As I pray, standing still, sometimes hurt, and lost but always grateful for the learning. Wisdom comes from experiences and understanding, and God. So today, the lessons of war, and breakthroughs are present. Never defeated, ready and moving - bring it - life!

First post for 2023 ...finally!

Before you go - would love to get your thoughts on your 2023, and emojis work well with life expressions.🙋‍♀️😊🤦‍♀️😣👍😍😎🙄😁


 










Copyright ©2023 Dwordslayer & Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...