Just Thinking Out Loud: #LIFEGOALS

What are your #LIFEGOALS ...

Writing today, from another perspective of my life

Many of us are over forty. Yes. In this world there are many folks over forty, especially in my following of friends, associates and bloggers. We are either at the peak of our life goals cycle or working on getting there. We have so many experiences we're either jaded cynics or filled with more hopes and possibilities of a life filled with failures and truths. While age is just a number, experiences tell the story of time spent.

Last night as I lay in my bed trying to touch every point of its emptiness, life and goals decided to take up residence in some open spaces! I don't feel lonely in my bed, but I feel alone in my home. The home was a goal fulfilled, and the bed well that's a discussion for another post! As I normally do when I lay down to sleep I think of my children and my choices. I pray for the blessing of their continued lives and safety, and I thank God for them.

One of the biggest goals in my life was for my children to grow up to be adults and to be around to see this. That was a life goal fulfilled, and I gave them the best opportunities and life I could as a parent. I don't measure my accomplishments based on what odds were stacked against me. Life as a single parent was just another day in the choices I made - not a status to be used as an excuse or a celebration, simply a choice.

When you stand at the crossroads for your own #LIFEGOALS  it really is all about you. Your goals are all you. I wanted to be an entrepreneur - done it, and ongoing. I wanted to be heavily involved in branding and international trade - done it, hoping for ongoing. I wanted to help revive a failing company, done it. I wanted to create markets for what appeared impossible, done it. I really wanted to be exposed to the impossible and get a shot at making a positive improving difference, and I sure got what I wanted. I desired to help others, and its ongoing. I desired to help non-profits gain financial and other support, and that too is ongoing. My list goes on and on with the things accomplished. The things not accomplished is another list that matters but I'm realizing the burning passion to get them done does not burn as intensely.

So yes, what are my life goals now which will fill me with an intense desire for accomplishment? I'm working on this. At the next junction of my life there must be something which will help to qualify my obsession, the daily blessing called 'my life'.  We all measure ourselves at sometime. My harshest critic is myself. I sometimes wonder if I've set my self actualization bar soo high, its unattainable. Unrealistic expectations can be a source of frustration and eventually hold us back from real opportunities. There must be realism when planning for our needs, or the bubble of fictitious hope will pop, leaving disillusionment and broken self-esteem.

Our careers and professional lives do tend to be a priority, based on our economic needs and wants. Everything else comes second or third priorities, and before you know it life ends. In my own life my career became a priority early on and now while its still important there is a subtle shift as the children are leaving the nest. Its almost empty.  My spiritual, health, and social needs are surfacing more. My sense of civic duty and humanity are all bigger priorities which compete for goal status in the planning process. Thus my question to me and you is one based on the present - When you think about your #LIFEGOALS does it reflect what you want and desire, or what will please others?

I'm just thinking out loud, and grateful to share with my world during my life! If this resonates with you, please let me know, share , and encourage others to consider #LIFEGOALS

© Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Donna-Luisa Eversley and D-WORDSLAYER with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...