My Happy Alarm - The Dawning

 

My Happy Alarm – The Dawning

 

Dawning light shatters my sleep

Forgetting the dreams, I wanted to keep

My slumber was happy with no end in sight

But then came the dawning ending my night.

 

The shimmering light cascaded to me

Waking me up from a wonderful sleep

The moment is here another day has begun

The dawning has brought out a glimmer of sun.

 

My feet came out from under the covers

And looking out through my window the birdies did hover

As I sat for a second, inhaled deeply, looking at them play

Welcome to this dawning, and a new day.

 

I got ready to go outside to my desk

With coffee in hand, fully awake from my rest

I’m looking forward to tonight when I will once again get to sleep

Till I see you tomorrow, dawning- do not peep!

 

26th Jan 2021

 

Photo Credits: unsplash.com/Kurt Liwanag
Copyright © 2021 Dwordslayer& Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...