Imagine Me

 

Photo Credits:unsplash.com/Sai De Silva

Imagine Me

 

My mother always had a playful daredevil streak

She was a teacher, and actress, a creator, an inventor

A survivor.

 

My mother loved fashion and dressing

She had style and class, and loved wigs and Marilyn Monroe

The stars in the sky and on the screen, inspired her.

 

Today my mother is older and wants to hold onto her independence

‘Once a man twice a child’ is the saying I hear, with tears understanding

My mother is growing older, and so am I.

 

Imagine me, as I used to be in the past with my mother

Indeed, I was as cheeky and brave and bold just as she was at times

As I really see my mom now, imagine us – older now.

 

Imagine that time just keeps going and its speeding up fast

And I just want some more time to do more, be different, be better for her.

We are in this together, me and her, her and me – we.

 

Imagine that there were words spoken and unspoken with messages hard and soft

Life gives us each other, bonded by love like no other

I see what is to come but wait not – life is to be lived.

 

Imagine mom and me and all our memories, and everything is more than we imagined it could be

My mom is growing older, and I am too

Imagine living your dreams.

 

31/01/2021

 

Copyright ©2021 Dwordslayer & Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...