Give Me Flowers

 



I love flowers. They are such a frivolous loving gesture with no practical thought of what could be done with the money; and the few times I have received them it has been one of the best feelings being on the receiving end. Yes, flowers can get me going -smile- and I remember gazing at bouquets delivered to the ladies at work with envy, happiness and sadness. Well, I did get some flowers, and you can read about it below- Give me flowers!

 

“Flowers look nice

They looked great on the table next to my own

Wished there was a bunch to take home

They did not belong to me  

                                                                               

Yet I enjoyed them immensely

One single bouquet for me to gaze upon

Given by my colleagues, with whom I got along

 

Okay, there was no romance,

A lot of appreciation and care.

From the folks I worked with

And it gave me a lot of cheer.

Was quite a happy time

Which I remember fondly

Yes I got to take home a bouquet

It filled my heart with glee.”

 

21/09/2021

 

Please share your thoughts, comments, emojis with me! There are no easy buttons but life sure works well with options!😊😎😍🙄🤐😕👍👎🙏 

 

Eugi’s Causerie weekly prompt is the inspiration for this poem.

Copyright ©2021 Dwordslayer & Donna-Luisa Eversley. All Rights Reserved.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a heartfelt and touching piece, Donna-Luisa! Beautifully written. 💐

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eugenia...your prompts always get me going 💐

      Delete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...