Speranza means Hope

 


Speranza

I have hope

That one day

I will sit at my window

And look out into the sky

Everything will be okay

And I will not worry or contemplate

My next best move

In that moment

The strategy of living

Will simply be to live.

There will be some yellow and orange flowers

Somewhere close by

And I will gaze at them

Enjoying their beauty.

Maybe a fly will come buzzing

And I won’t chase it away

Because in that moment

I will have hope

I will be in a place of rest

Desolation and sadness

Will not overcome me

As everything will have a moment to be

Away from the fervent pace

Called life.

I have hope

That the sounds of Reo Speedwagon

Enya and Bryan Adams will linger in the air

And I will sing along

And the birds will know and sing with me.

I have hope that

My little window will be

Wherever I want it to be

And my happiness in

The stillness of beauty and time

Will be enough

While living.

I have hope that everything

Does not need to be greater than what it is

And that life in a still moment

Will complete my hope.


Dwordslayer

Copyright © 2020 Donna-Luisa Eversley and Dwordslayer. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful! I hope the same thing as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your kind words. Very glad to share my hope with you 🌺🌺🌺

    ReplyDelete

Back as a human 2023

  It’s been almost the entire year, but writing has been harder than normal. The words would come into my head but my fingers were not align...